November 13, 2011

Pancakes, football, life.

Well, I'm afraid I do not have a recipe this week. I'm not sure exactly WHY, I just don't. I do have a recipe for cinnamin-pecan pancakes that I definitely want to try and looking at that, it is one of those words that I never seem to spell right. Is it min or is it cinniman? How the heck is the word spelled people?!? Anyhoo, after trying the pumpkin-pecan pancakes at Village Inn yesterday for brunch, I am more than a bit curious to perhaps add a can of solid pack pumpkin to the cinn. pecan recipe I have. I'm thinking maybe I'll actually get around to making them this next Saturday morning. We'll see.....we'll see. ;) I'll definitely post on it if I do.
This was a really nice weekend for us. It was nice having everyone feeling better after the "sore throat/fever/cough deal" that came through the house and decided to stay for two weeks. We slept until we woke up both days which is so nice. Having an alarm go off at 4:00 every morning during the week is NOT fun folks. We lounged over coffee, watched some College Gameday on ESPN and went to Village Inn for brunch. We did some shopping at Lowes and made a quick stop for some Starbucks and spent the rest of the day watching football. Auburn decided to not show up for their game, but GA did and Oregon sure did in their game. Yeah, we watched the ducks play. :) We ended up having Wendy's last night. Long story, and it wasn't the plan, but sometimes life happens. Today we had coffee again and went to church. We usually go to the early service but we went to the late one this morning. After some quite tasty turkey and ham sammies, we went to the playground at the elementary school. It was very windy and chilly, but Jason had a great time and fresh air never hurt anyone. :) Tonight we're going to settle down and watch some more football and try to savor the last bit of weekend.
We have this week and then Monday and Tuesday next week of school before breaking for Thanksgiving. Kevin has a 4-day weekend, we get a 5-day one. I'll have to ask him if his boss is going to be rooting for us in the Iron Bowl. He's an LSU fan through and through. Went to college there and lived there for a while. He doesn't care much for Auburn or Bama but I think he dislikes Bama more. :)
That's it for this week. Here's hoping I get around to making those pancakes and posting that next week. ;)

1 comment:

  1. Why do your blog posts always make me hungry, even when you don't add a recipe?

    I can never remember how to spell cinnamon either, always have to google it.

    ReplyDelete