November 07, 2011

Heart stuff, icky sore throats and football!




So, this past Thursday was my appointment with Dr. Lee, at Pikes Peak Cardiology. This place takes up the ENtire 7th floor of Memorial Hospital. The front desk lady helping me wasn't the "most" friendly, but everyone else including Dr. Lee, I really liked a lot. I mostly just talked with his nurse and then with him and they both listened and could "hear" what they thought they would. Dr. Lee says, "you have a very crisp sounding mitral valve", which is what he expected to hear. I left with an entire day of testing scheduled for November 29th. I will not go back to see him until December 13th. We picked up something from our eye doctor Kevin had ordered and then had a very late lunch at Cracker Barrel.
Friday evening I began to have a scratchy throat. BUMmer. I took some medicine and went to bed. Saturday was the day we had tickets to the AF/Army game at the Academy. I woke up with a sore throat and cough and low grade, 99.6, temp. Yay?!? I took some Motrin and we got ready and all headed out. Michael went with us and we had a good time. It was cold and cloudy and windy all day. Right after arriving(thank goodness we were under a tent at the time)it started to POUR rain and was 38. At this time of course, I am thinking, "yeah, I just don't think we're gonna stay". It stopped however, and we did stay for the 1st half. Air Force was losing when we decided to leave, but we actually left because I wasn't feeling well at all. Air Force came away with the win!! Go AF!! It is always fun to be there and Jason LOVES the flyby. This game all 4 planes went over at the same time. Last time one came by and then 3. They. Are. LOUD!! My ears were a wee bit clogged from whatever it is I have and driving up on the Academy with said clogg-i-ness, so it wasn't AS loud for me. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment