November 20, 2011

Pancakes, beverages, and allergies......

Let me start with pancakes. While I DID have the pumpkin-pecan pancakes at Villiage Inn Saturday morning which were pretty tasty, I couldn't stand it anymore. I had to make the ones I found the recipe for a couple weeks ago. With a tiny exception.....I used a different recipe. ;) I know, I know, I'm wacky like that sometimes. :) Therefore, and in honor of the delish ones I made this morning, I will post the recipe for the "new" pumpkin pancakes.
Pumpkin-cinnamon pancakes
Combine 5 T brown sugar(light or dark), 2 T melted butter, 3 T veggie oil, 1to1 1/2 cups solid pack pumpkin(it truly depends on your liking of pumpkin)until well mixed. Add 1/2 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp ginger(I, personally, used ground roasted ginger), 2 tsp ground cinnamon, 1/2 tsp ground cloves, 2 tsp baking powder, 1 tsp baking soda. Add 2 cups all purpose flour alternately with 1 1/2 cup whole milk. Make them however you normally do. I use a griddle usually, but this morning decided on my cast iron skillet. I made them a 1/4 cup big per pancake. I was in a bit of a hurry this time, so I only fried a few pieces of bacon to go with them and we just used regular Log Cabin syrup. As a side note on the recipe it states you can chop up about a 1/3 cup pecans and add to the batter before cooking. I didn't today, but plan to next time. Also it suggests using pure maple syrup, warmed, with chopped pecans which I also plan to use next time. But as they were this time, they were awesome! Really good recipe.
Now, on to beverages. Starbucks, I love you. I just, love you. I had never before yesterday tried their Caramel Brulee Latte. OHmygosh I fell in love with this drink! LOVED it. Next time I'll definitely get a double-tall instead of just one shot, but all in all it was awesome.
Now for you allergies........I.Do.Not.Like you. Why are you here? Perhaps you got confused and thought it was spring, but it isn't, it's November. You have half of Falcon, CO sneezing their heads off. Half of that half have itchy, watery eyes. I'm lucky enough to have both. Both. AND congestion. It's crazy weird, seriously. No one seems to know why we're suffering. The sneezing fits are bad enough but the whole "my nose feels like it weighs 500 pounds deal" needs to GO. K? K!!
Happy Turkey Day since I don't intend on blogging until after the holiday.

No comments:

Post a Comment