November 29, 2011

One more recipe to share. Trying to update my page but nothing seems to be changing with the color, layout etc, so I'll just post this for now. :)

Brown Sugar/chipotle meatloaf:

2 lbs lean ground beef
1/2 jar beef gravy
3 T liquid from a can of chipotle chili peppers
1/4 cup each chopped onion and celery
2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 tsp liquid smoke

Mix all the ingredients together and put in a loaf pan. Bake at 400 for one hour. About 10 minutes prior to the hour, combine 1 tsp liquid smoke, 1/3 cup spicy bbq sauce and the remaining 1/2 jar beef gravy. Heat on medium heat. Spread warmed mixture over top of meatloaf and bake an additional 5-10 minutes.

And now an easy way to make mashed potatoes: scrub potatoes and pat dry with paper towels. Make 1 to 2 tiny slits and place in microwave. The number of potatoes used determines the time. About 12 minutes for 4 med sized potatoes. Let them cool slightly and scoop the pulp or meat or whatever you call it in your home out. Proceed to mash however you do it. I use a food processer/processor? hmmmm. I put 2-4 T butter then put the warm scooped out potato on top. I warm whatever milk I'm using as well. Don't use cold. Sometimes I use 1% but if it's a holiday I use heavy cream. And don't forget the salt. That is to your liking but probably 1/2 to 1 tsp is plenty. No peeling and chopping and boiling and straining. Easiest way ever to make mashed potatoes!!

No comments:

Post a Comment