November 18, 2011

Don't say it....

It is becoming increasingly obvious to me that these pancakes might possibly never be made by me. I really want to try them, but time doesn't seem to be allowing me to make them. I promised myself I am going to, but it might not be until after Thanksgiving. So, my dear internet lovlies, I will share the recipe and perhaps you can try them. If nothing else, I have a second copy of it on here. =)
CINNAMON-PECAN-PUMPKIN PANCAKES:
Ingredients2 cups all-purpose flour 3 tablespoons light brown sugar, packed 4 teaspoons baking powder 1 teaspoon salt 1 teaspoon cinnamon 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice 1 cup pumpkin purée* 4 large eggs 1-1/2 cups low fat milk 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted 1 cup chopped pecans--------------------------------------------------------------------------------InstructionsPlace the flour in a large bowl. Crumble the brown sugar and distribute over flour. Add baking powder, salt, cinnamon, ginger, and allspice. Stir to blend with a whisk. Preheat the Cuisinart™ Griddler™ in the open griddle position to 350°F. Place the pumpkin, eggs, and milk in a medium bowl. Stir with a whisk to blend. Add to the dry mixture and stir. Stir in the melted butter and pecans. When the Griddler™ is hot (indicator light will go off) drop the batter onto the Griddler using a scant quarter cup measure. Bake the pancakes for 3 to 4 minutes, when pancakes are bubbling on the top, turn and bake for an additional 2 to 3 minutes. Pumpkin Pecan Pancakes are best served hot. Pancakes can be kept warm by placing them on a rack on a baking sheet in a slow (175-200°F) oven while baking the remainder. Serve with warm syrup and butter as desired.--------------------------------------------------------------------------------Servings Makes eighteen 4-inch pancakes --------------------------------------------------------------------------------Nutritional Information Per Serving calories 136 (38% from fat) · carb 17g · protein 4g · fat 6g · sat fat 1g · chol 49mg · sod 242mg · calc 47mg · fiber 1g Back to Top
Please, if anyone makes them, feel free to let me know if they're good. :) For now, maybe I'll just try talking Kevin into taking me to Village Inn tomorrow morning for some of theirs. :) For now, have a great weekend and a wonderful Thanksgiving! And to all you Bama loving fans out there..........WAR EAGLE BABY! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment