February 20, 2012

Weight Watchers, P90X, school changes and weather...

Things are changing in our home. More to the point, our overall health and school. Both were lagging, but that is going to change!

Let's start with school. While it has gone rather smoothly since we started back from our Christmas break, it became obvious to Kevin and I both, that Jason had become totally lazy with his multiplication. Enough so it was bugging us. And writing. He prints and does cursive fairly neatly, but the boy. hates. to. write! He has a huge imagination, but hates to sit down and write. I decided to take a month off regular school and devote it to math(learned but forgotten things), and writing. It seems to be working so far, so I have not yet regretted this decision. He is a super smart kid and in reading, language arts, phonics, spelling etc, he's a good grade ahead if not two grades. But math. Oh math. And even it is weird. More complicated things, he "gets", no problem, blows right through it, but really simple things like simple multiplication and even addition sometimes, he struggles and could spend half an hour on a single problem.

And moving on to getting healthier....Kevin has been doing P90X for months now with very noticeable results. I decided it is time for ME to do it, so I started the program over the weekend. I won't be doing it daily as he does because I'm looking for different results. I'm starting with 2 days per week. I am also beginning a walking program(again)that starts at 3 days per week. Kevin is currently doing the snowshoe races up northwest of Boulder every week. Also, Weight Watchers, our friend, has been started up again. It works. I don't know why we always go off it when we reach our target weight. This time a purposeful decision has been made to NOT leave the program but actually stay on it for good. It is working as it always does and I personally have lost 7lbs the first week. I know it seems harsh, but the first week and really the second, the weight just falls off. Litterally. Then it slows down, at least for Kevin and I to a healthy 1-2lb a week.

Our weather is very typical CO right now. Days in the low 60's and days in the teens all in the same week. Heck, sometimes all in the same day!

Here's to a fantastic week for us all!!

2 comments:

  1. I guess we won't be seeing some of those same recipes we've been seeing, heh? WW has some great new cookbooks both in the stores and at meetings. Good food and low to med points. Also, I recommend the magazine, especially for recipes. Good for you both!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has changed a bit, for sure. Way more pts per day are allowed for daily pts, but, some of the things seem to be higher in pts, so. Even the online site/pages look totally different. I, personally, think I like the new look better. For the recipes, I'll still post them, but either will modify them or just make sure when we have them, we plan for the pts that day. :) I've never looked at any of their cookbooks, but have done the magazine and really enjoyed it.

      Delete