February 06, 2012

Giants win!...and inappropriate halftime events AND commercials!

Well, yet another football season and Super Bowl have come to an end. :( This is sad for us football fans. This marks the saddest time of year for sports fans(well, most sports fans), football is over but baseball hasn't started. BORING time of year indeed!

We did in fact watch this year's Super Bowl. You all know Kevin is a Viking's fan, but, well, they didn't go to the Super Bowl, so....We do like Eli Manning so we did watch and rooted for the Giants. And, YAY!! What a game. Love to see the Patriots go down as well. It was beautiful. :) I must say that Brady was pretty gracious in his speech post game. Not all players, teams, or fans are gracious winners and or losers. :)

As for the half time deal, this is, for the record, "MY" take on it. Madonna probably did a decent job, I don't know, we didn't watch. To be fair, we NEVER watch the Super Bowl halftime show. And I, too, was a huge Madonna fan in the 80's. Loved her! The incident with this M.I.A. person who I personally didn't even know existed(I know, I know, i'm so "out" of it) :), was sad. A very sad event indeed! I've read this morning on Fox News that both NBC and the NFL have apologized, and that both are basically pointing at the other for who is at fault. Lemme tell ya both, you BOTH are. As long as questionable performers(and I use that term loosely)are allowed to be part of shows like that, these things are going to continue to happen. It really doesn't take a genious to figure that one out!

As for the commercials, OH my. First of all, thankfully we pause the tv during commercials, always, especially during football, because we just aren't interested in watching them! We wanna see the game, not  commercials. And second, thankfully Jason wasn't even in the room. He was down in the basement playing his Wii. But again, OH MY GOSH! I have seen now online some of what was shown, well not actually seen, but seen pictures and read the article. It's not like the game was broadcast at 2:00 in the morning when kids would be asleep! There were some commercials aired last night that are just. NOT. Appropriate. Period. I wonder how parents explained, or tried to last night to young kids about some of the commercials. I certainly wouldn't know how to. Again, I didn't watch them, but going by what I've read they were just not appropriate. There are times and places for certain things, and a Sunday evening, prior to even 8:00 mind you, on network television, is NOT the time. I assure you seeing a naked lady being painted on in a godaddy.com commercial is not going to make me go out and use godaddy.com. And again, this is my take on this. Not trying to speak for anyone else.

And now we start a new work and school week. :) Hoping for a good week for both.

No comments:

Post a Comment