February 09, 2012

Valentine's Day, family time and romance

Here we are having arrived at Thursday already. It truly seems like the week just started. We realized this past weekend that we would have to cancel and postpone our fun family, quiet/romantic weekend in Denver. Life happens and you therefore must go with it. After being a bit "hinky-tooky" about it, I realized that you don't have to give up everything, you simply must look at it a different way. We can still do something fun for a family thing and can still have some quiet  couple time. The only difference really, is we won't be in Denver or at a hotel. Family time is important. It is something your kids need and should have. Couple time is equally as important and you and your husband/wife need and should have. It is important for your kids and your family to have couple time. And yes, it is important for alone time. Sometimes you just want to go on a long walk and leave the spouse and kiddos at home. Guess what? It's OKAY to do that. :) I adore our family time and I love and cherish couple time with Kevin. I also enjoy a little quiet alone time here and there. Friday evenings seem to usually be our family night. Sometimes it might be Wii, sometimes a movie or two. Date night is something we always look forward to. It is so nice going to a nice dinner and talking to each other without wiping spills or correcting bad behavior. And alone time can be as simple as a half hour bubble bath. All of these things are so, so important. I can't imagine life without them. I love my kids and and I love my husband.

It isn't Valentine's Day, but, "Happy Valentine's Day", I hope you all find time for doing something cute for your kids and something romantic and thoughtful for your spouse. And yes, don't forget yourself, either. :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment