December 31, 2011

Last blog of 2011

I can't believe today is the last day of 2011! In some ways it was a long, and frustrating year, but in some ways it was a fun, busy and entertaining year. I suppose all years are this way to some degree. I tend to not regret anything that happened because I don't see the point. Everything happens for a reason, and I like to believe that not just the good, but also the bad makes us a better person. I have no grand plans for 2012 nor do I have a ton of resolutions. I used to make them every year, I never kept them a single time. :)

We certainly aren't ending the year the way I'd have wanted with Jason and I both sick, but as his Kindergarten teacher used to say quite a bit, "you get what you get and you don't pitch a fit" and we too, use this phrase a lot in our house.

We will keep our tradition of a quiet, stay at home New Year's Eve where we spend the evening watching old movies. We've done it every year for years and years. This year it sounds quite appealing with it be a bit nippy and very windy and us being sick. Forget the fancy cocktails, just give us some hot chocolate this time. :)

And now my friends and family, we wish you a wonderful and happy 2012!

No comments:

Post a Comment