December 20, 2011

Confessions of a frazzeled stay-at-home-mom!

Sometimes, like this morning, when I look outside and realize I have to shovel, or I look around my house at the folded clothes needing to be put away, or the way my 9yr old boy attempts to make his bed in the morning and I start wondering how on earth will I make a dent in getting things done. I wasn't feeling particularly good to begin with, but the chores for the day seemed like endless amounts of crapola. To top that off, Jason has been in one of his "talk NONstop for hours and hours" moods. And as a mom, you want to listen or at least pretend like you're paying attention, but if you're a mom, you KNOW that there are times where, you just tune it out for a few minutes. Of course with me, it always happens that this is the time he will actually ask for an answer or something and of course you have NO idea what the heck he just said. :) This can prove to be most tricky.

We were supposed to do school this week, but we didn't yesterday. Of course losing power had a little to do with that. Today isn't looking a lot better for it but I have hopes of doing something before the week is over. He has managed however, to take some green yarn and tie it around things and go through the ENtire house hooking it around various things. He *says* he is making a trap. For what, I do not know.

I have learned a few things though yesterday and this morning. First, always keep your cell charged because if you lose power, you can't charge it! Second, when the power goes out, the dishwasher stops. It doesn't just start back, you actually have to start it again. Third, try though as I might, I simply am not as young as I used to be, and sometimes it becomes quite evident! And fourth, I remember when Jason was a baby(well, when all 3 boys were babies)thinking how much easier it would be when they were older and could do things by themself. How nice it would be to not have to watch them every second. Now, with Jason approaching 10, double digit age, I realize how much I truly miss my babies being babies! Every now and again he'll look at me and I see glimpes of a little kid still in there, but at the same time, there are instances where I see glimpes of a a little man!

At the end of any day, regardless of how tired I might be, or bad I might feel, I do realize how truly blessed I am to have 4 amazing kids and the most wonderful husband in the world and they're ALL mine! For that, I am truly grateful!

No comments:

Post a Comment