August 02, 2011

What I love about summer:

And autumn, winter, and spring.

I recently read an article titled, "Why I don't want summer to end just yet" prompting me to think about what I love about summer and thus all of the seasons.

Summer:

1. key lime pie
2. fresh squeezed homemade lemonade
3. baseball
4. The Closer on TNT although sadly this is the series final season
5. celebrating July 4th
6. family vacation time
7. playing outside in some form of water whether it be a pool, or backyard
sprinkler
8. flip flops
9. strawberries
10. cookouts and barbeques
11. gardening

Autumn:

1. crisp, cool days
2. the ever amazing turning color of leaves
3. crunching on said leaves once they've died and falled off
4. college football
5. first snowfall
6. wearing big, soft, comfy sweaters
7. the smell of fireplaces
8. Halloween
9. Thanksgiving
10. pumpkins and everything they offer
11. the start of listening to Christmas music
12. stews, soups, chili etc

Winter:

1. Christmas
2. snow
3. yeah, not much else

Spring:

1. sadly, living in CO, there really is no spring to like as it is truly our winter
2. start of MLB

My favorite: Autumn without a doubt!

So my chickadees, what do "you" like about each season and which season is "your" favorite?

1 comment:

  1. Fall: used to love the smell of burning leaves, orange is the primary color, my birthday. Of course there is Halloween and Thanksgiving, too. But, like you, there is something about each season I look forward to so I guess I pretty much like it all (except snow).

    ReplyDelete