August 28, 2011

Good eats and sore backs

Since the crick in my back insists on sticking around and I can't really do anything but sit around and be as still as possible all weekend(bummer)I figured I might as well post a yummy new recipe I found. We made it up last night and my wonderful husband helped in the putting in and or out of the oven this morning and I can say honestly that it is yummy!

Baked French Toast

Cut a loaf of French bread into 1 1/2" slices(we got 10 slices out of ours). Spray a large baking dish with nonstick spray and place the slices of bread. Mix together 3 eggs, 1 cup fat free half & half, 1 cup 1% milk, 1 T vanilla extract, 1 tsp nutmeg and 1 tsp cinnamon. Pour evenly over bread, cover tightly and refrigerate overnight.

In the morning, take it out, and mix together 1/2 cup brown sugar, 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, 1 T corn syrup and 1/4 cup melted butter and spread evenly over bread slices. Preheat oven to 350 and bake for 40 minutes. YUM-O! Serve with maple syrup. You can use the fake kind(we do in a pinch)but the real stuff is SO much better.


1 comment: