August 20, 2011

Times they are a changin

I tried something new today and wanted to share because I just had one and they are scrumptious! We've been trying to eat better in our house, healthy I suppose, but without giving up things we love. I've been on a mission to try to find new, healthier ways to make things. Some are fantastic. Some are monumental failures. Meh. Anyway, tomorrow afternoon we're going to be out doing some clothes and shoe shopping for Kevin for his new job and stopping by B&N to pick up a book for me to start looking/planning our upcoming trip to Canada next summer. I thought I might not be on here so I'd post this today. Try them. Try them. Try them!


Whole-wheat dark chocolate zucchini brownies:

preheat your oven to 350 and line a 9" square pan with foil(I only put it on the bottom)and spray lightly with Pam.

Combine 1 cup whole wheat flour, 1/3 cup Hershey's Cocoa, 1 1/4tsp baking soda, and 1/2tsp salt in a bowl. Melt 1/3 cup dark chocolate morsels in microwave for 1 minute and stir until smooth. Cool slightly. Mix 1/4 cup canola oil, 1/2 cup white sugar and 1/2 cup light brown sugar with melted chocolate. Add 1tsp vanilla, 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon and 2 large egg whites until smooth. Finally mix in 1 1/2 cups grated zuchinni. Spread evenly in prepared pan. Bake for 30 minutes and cool completely.

You can also sprinkle an additional 1/4 cup of dark chocolate morsels on top of dough before putting in to bake. Note: nutritional info does NOT include that. :)

Cut into 16 brownies. Serving size=1 brownie
178 Calories
8.3 grams fat
3.3 grams sat-fat
0 m cholesterol
191 m sodium
2.7 grams fiber



1 comment:

  1. Sounds strange but do-able. Do you have the carb and protein counts?

    ReplyDelete