August 14, 2011

Busy life and loving it!

Okie dokie folks, I've been busy this week and couldn't even tell you one day from the other, but ya know, I actually like it. I mean sure, there are days where I think I will actually scream if I have to do one more load of dishes or scrub one more toilet etc, but in reality I love it. I know there are fewer and fewer of those out there like me, but I love being a wife and mom and taking care of my house and caring for my husband and kids. I love being homeschool teacher to Jason. I love making Kevin's lunchbox up for him to take to work. And albeit we are a "little" different from The Cleavers, our little family works for us. I enjoy taking on the traditional role as mom/wife and seeing Kevin in the traditional role as dad/husband. And I actually don't think I'm missing out on anything by not being a career woman. This is not to say I have anything against any woman out there that chooses this, just simply that it was and never will be "my thing". Kevin and I often joke that we should have been born in an earlier decade and be our current age back in the 1940's or '50's, but it is what it is and we are the family we are and we love it! Mostly I guess I think that whatever works for any given family is awesome and I hope that like us, they wouldn't change a thing!

Now for today's, or this week's recipe:

Fruit Smoothie

1 cup frozen mango
1 cup frozen pineapple chunks
1 cup fresh sliced and hulled strawberries
1 container vanilla Greek yogurt
1 1/2 cups apple juice

place fruit in the bottom of a blender and add yogurt and finally juice and blend until smooth.



1 comment:

  1. All I ever wanted to be was a wife and mother. I didn't go to work until the teacher's salary didn't cover the bills. If I had to work I wanted to do what I wanted to do and thus school and then a career were born. I loved what I did professionally but have really been happy to retire from it and be a stay at home again. I envy you but my life has been good, too.

    ReplyDelete