October 23, 2011

I love my crockpot!

It's no secret, my crockpot is without a doubt, one of my best friends. I can't imagine a kitchen that doesn't have one. Oh the joys that kitchen is missing! Having had a rather busy week, and finding out I'm seeing a cardiologist on top of Jason having a couple issues with some girls at the end of our street(I had a post on my wall already about it)AND him not feeling well Friday or yesterday, I opted to plug in my always helpful and eager crockpot last night. I found a, now get this, "BREAKFAST" that can be made overnight in ones crockpot. GENIOUS! I had done it once before, this past Christmas. I put everything in before we went to bed and then Christmas morning breakfast was ready! WIN! I found a similar version and threw everything in last night for this morning. Sunday mornings are, without fail, hectic for us. We enjoy attending the early service each week which starts at 9:00. Breakfast is always hurried. I think however, I've found the answer with my crockpot. The recipe can be varied so it isn't always the same, and as long as you remember to have the coffee ready to go as well, you're good to go! Jason isn't feeling wonderful this morning. Better, but not great, so it looks like we'll be hanging around home. He doesn't have any real symptoms, just doesn't feel good and has had a mild fever.

This week will consist of Michael getting his cast off and we sure hope everything healed and he won't require the surgery to put in the metal plate. Friday evening is "trunk or treat" at church and we're looking forward to that. We have a few things up out front. A not so scary spider and ghost. :) And our two scarecrows which aren't very scary, either. I am not much the Halloween person, but I do enjoy seeing what costumes the little kiddies have on.

Now, here is the overnight breakfast crockpot dish:

So simple, spray the crock's pot :o), dump in a bag of frozen hash browns(NOT the shredded kind), a large bag of shredded colby/jack cheese, a can of cream of mushroom soup and mix it all fairly good. Layer enough cooked bacon over the top and pour a dozen(beaten)eggs over it. That's it. Put the crockpot on low and it cooks for 10 hours. For variation, you could use ham, or no meat at all I guess. You could use different cheeses and soups. Kinda need the eggs, so no variation there. The house smells AMAZING all night and upon waking. YUM! Add coffee brewing to that and OH MY!!

Enjoy!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, my, this sounds so good. I just might have to try it.

    Sorry Jason is not feeling well, hope he is better soon.

    ReplyDelete