September 28, 2011

tis the season, already?

While we are just beginning to put out some fall decorations around and about our house, we have noticed a trend among stores we've visited recently as well as mail we're finding in our mailbox. The stores are starting to be all aglow with Christmas! Trees on display. Trees all lit up on display. It. Is. Only. September. Come on people! I like the holiday season just as much as the next person, but let me make myself a bit clearer, "Not. In. September." I admit, I'm definitely into the fall/harvest/Halloween frame of mind, at least sort of. But it is almost October and we've already had the first day of fall. I'm starting to also receive things in the mail. Swiss Colony. Personal Creations. On and on and and all Christmas related. I love Christmas and the entire holiday season and it is by far my favorite time of year, but I don't want it in my face everywhere I look, starting in September! I actually like Thanksgiving and want to have that day, first. Then starting on Black Friday(Iron Bowl Day) I am ALL over Christmas stuff. The tree goes up, the decorations go up, the music comes on, and I love me some Christmas music. I just want to enjoy fall a little bit, and Halloween with all the little kiddies dressed up and of course there is always that tiny sense of spooky that time of year. And I want to enjoy Thanksgiving and all that it brings. So, albeit, as stated above, while it IS my favorite time of year and I love, love, love it, I don't want it starting in September!


1 comment:

  1. I completely agree. Since I make most of my gifts I do start that early but decorations, music, etc., has to wait until December. And, of course, November belongs to birthdays and Thanksgiving. We don't do Halloween (no children in the country) but I do Fall from Sept through November. Fall is my favorite season of the year (I pretend it doesn't lead to winter). :-)

    ReplyDelete