September 12, 2011

OH my. 2 posts in 1 day? What am I thinking? :)

I was reading something that caught my eye. I know, I know, "me" reading something and all....but yes, I was, and it did, so I'm putting it down here, more so my words and the jist of the article, but you know, whatever, it's still pretty much the same. =) And yes, I know everyone out there isn't a homeschool mom like me, but still.


Staying stress free as a homeschool teacher, mom, and wife and still being me:


1) Is it actually even possible?
2) Yes, it is quite possible if you know how
3) First of all, make a weekly schedule of not only the week's lesson plans, but
the week's menu! That's right. Even if it's only a rough draft of what you might
want to cook. It is so much easier if you know ahead of time what you're
doing.
4) Don't try to be SUPER mom/wife/etc, you aren't and you can't be!
5) Listen to number 4. Regardless of what you think, no, you truly cannot "have
it all", at least if you want to stay sane. Not without having priorities.
6) Always take time for yourself. Always. Doesn't have to half a day. Doesn't
even HAVE to be each day. But do yourself and your family/friends a favor
and take "some" time.
7) Excercise......excercise......excercise. It's important. Do it. One need not run
marathons to accomplish such. 20-30 minutes a day. That simple. Do it.
8) Take time for you kids. Regardless of how many you have. If they're young
and in your house, give them your time. They crave it. Give it.
9) Have some sort of law and order in your home. Kids need boundaries. They
need rules. They need some form of disipline. They need it, it's your job to
give it.
10) A weekly family night is awesome. Give it a try. It could be movie night. It
could be game night, roller skating night, bowling, whatever. Try not to
always do the same thing. Shake it up a bit. Bordom can equal stress!
11) Always have time for your husband, and being husband and wife. There IS
no excuse. Do it. You both deserve time to be a couple. A montly date night
can do wonders for you both. And it doesn't always have to be dinner and a
movie. Something as simple as an hour at a coffee house, or walk around
downtown. Plus, your kids need to see that they're in a loving family with
parents that love each other.
12) Take time for your friends. Friends are so, so important. You need them.
even if you don't live near your closet ones, there is a such thing as a phone,
or online chat!

And this concludes the list. I am very sure there are other ways of staying calm. The article didn't list them all and I couldn't think of any other, but if you can, by all means, use them.

Now, go have a stress free life!! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment