January 09, 2015

November, December, and Thanksgiving/Ryder/Christmas

I realized after my blog post last week that I should also have done a blog about our holiday season. I didn't mention October in the title, but the month flew by! I enjoy Halloween in the fact that I love seeing what the little kids are dressed like. I love pumpkins. I love cool, crisp days and chilly nights. Halloween like October came and went and I don't know what happened! It seems in a way that it should just now be time for it.

November happened. It also kind of passed by us in quite a hurry. Michael was down for a few days and we always enjoy having our kids home. We watched the parade, of course, and lots of football. I mean, who doesn't? And then Saturday happened. Saturday the 29th. Watching the Iron Bowl and we get a text saying Michael is in the ER with severe abdominal pain. They were to do testing and see what was happening. At that time we beating Alabama quite handily. THEN.....then it all started. Michael might have to have surgery. Auburn decided it was really all that important to continue playing in the game. Then, I get a text from Chris. He tells me Michelle's water broke and she's being admitted! WHAT!!?? Are you kidding me? Talk about your range of emotions that evening! Oh my gosh! Winning, then losing in the 4th quarter. One son in Denver that might require surgery and your son and daughter in love about to embark on bringing little Ryder into the world. I didn't sleep at all that night. Michael ended up needing no surgery and baby Ryder was born on November 30th.

Flu hit our house and hit it hard in December. Knocked us out for two weeks! School became something that would wait until January. Christmas was great. Michael spent a week with us and we were able to talk to the kids and see Ryder twice. We've had some snow, some crazy cold and a good bit of ice. My heart decided why not? Let's feel as if there were a knife inside me stabbing me several times a day. That was fun. We watched movies and managed to stay awake until midnight.

Now we're back to our normal routines and that is just no fun. It's always a bit of a let down after the holidays are over. We are looking forward to our trip to Hawaii in May though so our spirits weren't dampened for long. :)





No comments:

Post a Comment