January 05, 2015

Hello 2015!

I am going to try and be better about posting something new on here this year, maybe once a month? That seems doable? I was no doubt horrible at doing it last year, you know, life happened and all.

2014 had it's good points. The birth of our first grandchild, a grandson, Ryder on November 30th was the highlight for sure! We also got the exterior of our house painted a year late, but hey, we DID finally do it. Health issues were more abundant for us than we've seen in a while and for that reason we're pretty happy to see the start of a new year.

I am not making any resolutions. I don't like them. In reading Candace Cameron Bure's first blog of the new year I noticed one thing in particular that stood out in my mind and I feel the same way. If you make a ton of resolutions for the new year, you could quite possibly be setting yourself up for failure if you don't follow through. I like that she talked about setting goals for yourself. Goals that are actually obtainable. I have set a few for myself and I hope that a year from now I can look back and realize I checked one or two off my list. I certainly want to read more. It sounds odd, I'm sure, to hear someone say they don't always have time to read, but I'm not sure how else to put it. I don't always have the time I'd like to devote to reading. I want to be better at it this year. While like most, I could stand to lose 5lbs, I'm not going to make myself crazy about it this year. I am going to focus on just eating better and trying to get in even a little exercise. Maybe my heart acting up is a sign to take better overall care of myself. I am, as of today, no longer going to post anything, at all, on social media that is controversial. I know how I feel about things and ranting on social media isn't going to help my cause. It will do little to change the minds of others. I will not be commenting on things by others that are of a controversial nature. Debating things over the internet is probably not the best choice. Please understand I am not in any way at all saying you are an evil person if you do post such. I'm just not going to anymore. I also think we all, at least most of us, tend to feel that regardless of what the topic is on someone's post, they need our opinion on the matter. No, no they don't, we don't. I think if someone asks what others think or feel about something that is one thing, but if not, that person probably truly doesn't give a rat's behind what you think about what they've said. I am going to take more time to just be. To enjoy little moments. To be silly more. To be more in the moment.

I am hoping for 2015 to be the best year yet and I am very positive about it being just that. I want to get back to trying recipes and posting them on here with the opinions of Kevin/Daddy/Grandpa on the dish.

For now, I need to get off here and make lunch for Jason and myself as spelling and reading time are now over. Two hours of school this, our first morning back is not bad, not bad at all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment