March 22, 2017

It's been quite a bit of time

I haven't used my blog for months. I have decided to start it up again and hopefully keep it up. I am fairly certain most folks know I've had to deal with a health issue the past two years. I am also fairly certain most do not know what the issue was/still is. Let me first just get it out there and say that I (after months and months of being basically blown off by doctors, more on that later) finally was fortunate enough to find the cause of my issues. All of my issues. At first I didn't want to share it with anyone other than Kevin and a person or two more. I was embarrassed I think and I shouldn't have been. The more I've learned about what I have the more I know how common it is and that I'm not weird. I have "candida overgrowth with leaky gut", so there, it's out there for the world to see now. Turns out, we ALL have yeast in our bodies but some of us are lucky (not really) enough to have it get all out of whack. Used to be it was thought to only be those with cancer (going through chemo), or those with AIDS. Thankfully we now know that just isn't the case and that most folks with it (there are thousands of us) have gotten to this point by any number of ways. Women from using birth control pills. Men and women having used antibiotics. People eating a high sugar/high carb/high processed diet. I'm so lucky I fit into all those categories! So now that it's out there....

I first started actually knowing something was wrong with me in March of 2014. My allergies were 100 times worse than they'd ever been and no one else was really bothered by them. I went from that to my ears itching and then ear pain with some pressure. I started having insomnia and at one point in July was sleeping, at BEST, 4-5 hours a WEEK. You read that right. I had all over body itching, sweating like crazy, aches and pains constantly. A relentless brain fog. A LOT of digestive issues. A rash that NO one could figure out. I was so exhausted some mornings I couldn't get out of bed. I was not functioning. At least twice Kevin woke up to me sobbing because I was so emotionally and physically exhausted and in pain and scared. He was my rock!! He would call and demand appointments for me to be seen. He took time off work. When he did work he'd come home and have to cook and clean because I simply wasn't able. I never let on to many what I was going through. A high school friend, known on Facebook as Virginia Lee, we knew her as Ginny, got me onto essential oils and doTERRA. From that point I ended up speaking with one lady, Jackie, and was put in touch with another lady within doTERRA that is also an RN and well (very well, as she deals with this, too) versed in my condition. She put me on a strict supplement and oil regimen and diet. Prior to this I was made to feel as if I was crazy for thinking something was wrong. I would be blown off by this or that doctor telling me I was fine, I looked healthy. I learned to not like doctors much and still only trust my OB/GYN. The regimen worked right off but I quickly realized it wasn't going to work long term. After searching and searching and reading so many things on the subject (I'm still doing this) I had to come up with sort of my own plan taking into consideration the main points that all candida experts agree on. 

I won't go on and on today. There is so much more. I just thought maybe if I write this all down, someone might come across it while doing their own searches and trying to figure out what is wrong with them. The symptoms are many and seemingly unrelated. You feel as if you're dying and no one has a clue how to help or what to do. I plan to weekly update on here with my story and also with different supplements that have worked the best for me. You don't have to agree with what I have and you certainly don't have to even read the blog. I truly am doing it for myself, some peace, and to maybe help others dealing with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment