April 14, 2013

Sore throats and cold wind....

We woke up this morning still not feeling well. Kevin actually woke up around 5:00/5:30 after being up til midnight. Yucky coughs tend to not be condusive to sleep. We've added low grade fever to the mix today as well. We decided to stay home from church today and rest and try to recover from whatever it is we have. I decided to try mixing up a few various slush recipes to get a single serving recipe that would be pts friendly and possibly help soothe a burning throat. It wasn't the best idea I've ever had, although it wasn't bad, wasn't terribly high pts and did feel alright on my throat. If I copy it down here, I'll have it in two places so that hopefully I won't lose it. :)

Strawberry-banana slush:

1/2 cup(it was actually that  plus maybe 2TBS)chopped strawberries
1/3 of a banana(I put it in the freezer for half an hour to get really cold)
1TBS Country Time Pink Lemonade powder(I really could have used 1/2TBS)
enough ice to make it slushy material. Blend in blender til well, slushy.
2TBS water

If you had frozen berries and froze the banana, you would most likely need no ice but would want the water still. I am going to try a TBS of honey, I *think* next time and also play around with the fruit. Pineapple would be great with strawberries. I plan to use watermelon and strawberries, another combo taste I like. Yes, strawberries are my all time favorite fruit. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment